2. Think people first - think feature story that appeals directly to readers.
3. Write something interesting that has real value.
4. Include visuals - images, videos and sound bites.
5. With PR distribution services online, your story becomes web content and possibly become news.
6. Have a call to action but not a sales pitch.
"Journalists are open to outside content if it is well-written, has news value and offers multimedia to enhance and extend the story." - Sally Falkow, Digital PR Strategist
Oh, before I forget, did I mention...